The Smart Energy Design Assistance program supports the Smart Energy Design Assistance Center (SEDAC) which is managed by the School of Architecture at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC).
SEDAC services include:
• free technical design assistance services for public facilities and for-profit business to identify opportunities for saving energy and money
• education and training (for both working professionals and students)
• information on incentives, grants, rebates, Illinois building energy codes, tax incentives through the 2005 Energy Policy Act, and energy rates
• an informative website at: www.sedac.org
SMART ENERGY Fact Sheets for the following:
- Outdoor Lighting
- Variable Frequency Drives
- Convenience Stores
- High-Rise Condos
- Ice Arenas
- Swimming Pools
- Water Treatment Plants
SEDAC Training and Outreach Schedule and Presentation Archives
SEDAC Design Assistance Experts
Opportunities exist for Design Assistance Experts to partner with SEDAC. Design Assistance Experts include:
• Energy Consultants
Design Assistance Experts interested in participating in SEDAC are encouraged to respond to the RFQ for Design Assistance Experts.
A list of Pre-Qualified Design Assistance Experts will be maintained at SEDAC. Pre-Qualified SEDAC Design Assistance Experts can participate by bringing new business and public clients into the program and working with SEDAC to provide Design Assistance services.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What Clients are eligible for SEDAC Services?
• Local (county, township, municipal), State and Federal Government
• Public Schools
• Community Colleges
• Public Universities
• Public Safety, Water and Park Districts
• For-Profit Businesses
How can Public Sector Entities and Businesses apply to the SEDAC program?
Complete and submit the Application at the SEDAC Application page:
How can Architectural/Engineering Firms Participate in SEDAC?
To assist SEDAC with providing design assistance services please complete the SEDAC Design Assistance Expert Request for Qualifications (RFQ) located at:
SEDAC information can be found at:
• Small Business Assistance
For more information, please contact: